The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has embarked on an eight-city cross-country trek to share information about new final rules implementing provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA).
The AIA becomes effective on September 16.
Monday, the USPTO kicked off its traveling roadshow series in Minneapolis. Will the excitement make its way to a city near you? Click through to find out.
The remaining stops on the AIA national tour are:
- Alexandria, Virginia - September 12
- Los Angeles, California - September 14
- Denver, Colorado - September 17
- Detroit, Michigan - September 20
- Atlanta, Georgia - September 24
- Houston, Texas - September 26
- New York, New York - September 28
At the AIA roadshows, the USPTO will explain its proposed rules for various new provisions required under the AIA including supplemental examination, inter partes review, and post grant review.
The program last from 10:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. in each location's local time. A complete agenda is available here.
Even if you don't live near one of the roadshow sites, you can participate online this week with webcasts of the Alexandria and Los Angeles roadshows.
The webcast for the Alexandria event will be available here. The event number is 999 470 208 and the password is 123456. (Yes, the USPTO likes to be creative.)
The webcast for the Los Angeles will be available here. The event number is 999 570 208 and the password (once again) is 123456.
Videos of the events and copies of the written materials will also be posted online.
The roadshows are free and open to the public. Advance registration is not required. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Sadly, CLE credit is not available for these events.
- Leahy-Smith America Invents Act Implementation (USPTO)
- America Invents Act: Patents Now Awarded to First to File (FindLaw's In House)
- Fed Circuit Adopts New Induced Infringement Standard (FindLaw's Federal Circuit Blog)