Summer draws to a close, calling students from their interim routines back to the lecture halls of law school. And for the associates on the block, the end of summer signals, well...no wearing white to work after Labor Day? Anyway, September may sound the gong on carefree days of summer, but it also holds the promise of stimulating law events across the country. Symposia to conferences, legal employment to nutritional law--there is no shortage of subject topics or types of gatherings spanning coast to coast
Here are 4 events to check out in the first part of the month, all offering the incentive of CLE credit:
1. 23rd Biennial Advanced Estate Planning Symposium
- Thursday, September 10th-September 11th 2009. 9am to 4:40pm in Denver, Colorado.
- Presented by the CLE in Colorado, Inc., the nonprofit education arm of the Colorado Bar Association.
- Includes sessions on estate planning challenges for clients with disabilities, what advisors should know about charitable giving, domestic asset protection, federal tax updates for practitioners, and estate planning for unmarried couples.
- Related Resource: Advanced Estate Planning Symposium website and registration
2. Loyola Law Symposium on Implementing Competition Law and Policy
- Friday, September 11th 2009. Starting at 9:30am in Chicago, Illinois.
- Hosted by ABA Section of Antitrust Law and Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
- Includes keynote address by FTC Commissioner William Kovacic followed by series of panels that will offer comparative analysis of frameworks adopted in various jurisdictions for investigating, reviewing, and adjudicating antitrust issues.
- Related Resource: Loyola Law Symposium website and registration
3. Fifth Annual Nutritional Law Symposium
- Friday, September 11th 2009. 8am to 5:30pm in Lehi, Utah.
- Presented by Stoel Rives LLP and the Association of Corporate Counsel Mountain West Chapter.
- Includes panel discussions on GMP auditing and best practices, lobbying, considerations in consumer watchdog testing, and a keynote entitled "Adam Smith Meets John Adams - The Free Market and the Rule of Law".
- Related Resource: Nutritional Law Symposium website and registration
4. USF School of Law Hosts Legal Employment Symposium, "How to Navigate the Changing Legal Landscape"
- Thursday, September 17th 2009. 9am to 3pm in San Francisco, California.
- Includes panel discussions regarding business of running a successful law practice, alternative careers for JD's, details about running a solo or small law practice, and potential law firm models to consider.
- MCLE credit is available.
- Related Resource: USF Legal Employment Symposium website and registration
Check out the scene at a symposium near you...and stay tuned for more upcoming event notices.