That's right it's a new year, and a new decade. And whether that sees you in, out, or contemplating law school...you want to be apparel-ready. In a cheeky cotton tee, you can make a statement without saying a word.
Here are a few of our favorites from CafePress...
1. "I am an attorney. I am not your attorney". For law students who can't resist weighing in with a legal opinion. Whether the conversation has anything to do with the law or not. This visual disclaimer might be a good reminder to everyone you talk to that just because you take yourself seriously, doesn't mean they should.
2. "What the large print giveth. The small print taketh away." Ah, contracts. Bundled up in sections of the UCC and Restatement are pages of utter joy for some law students and attorneys. And this one speaks just the right language for those of you.
3. "I litigate therefore I am." For those Philosophy majors who found their way to law school, this is a call out to your inner Descartes.
4. "I'm billing you for this." Who says a BigLaw-bound law students and firm associates can't own up to stereotypes of their profession. And friends, family, and clients are welcome to coordinate with a responding cotton tee, "The check is in the mail."
5. "Don't call on me." Spin the Socratic method on its head by saying out loud what you and all of your classmates are IM'ing to each other during class. Disclaimer: results are not guaranteed.
6. "I examined the bar. it passed." Whatever the results of the big test were, this tee lets anyone say "Bar" and "passed" in the same breath. Consider it motivation for the February 2010 sitting as needed.
7. "Dicta Shmicta." Considering all of the things law students are responsible for knowing, memorizing, and being able to apply to facts...no law student forgets the day the professor explains what dicta is, and the fact that it is not binding on the holding.
8. "What would Scalia do?" Among any litter of law students you will find at least one, if not a few, strict Constitutionalists. If the 'four corners' of the Constitution are the reason you went into law, then Scalia may be your hero, and this tshirt may sport your motto.
9. "Caution: Please do not transport fireworks on the train." What would proximate cause in negligence be without a harried train passenger, a package of fireworks, a couple of Long Island Rail Road employees, and one Mrs. Helen Palsgraf? We'll never know. But, learning from that landmark case, you can spread the message of safety across the land.
10. "JD or Bust." Law school isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. And on those days you question your choice, feel unprepared to take a final you've been studying months for, or are studying at the library until close...consider sporting this cotton tee to reaffirm the end goal.
- The Right to Wear (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- In Case You Don't Have a Law Halloween Costume Yet... (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- F-Bombs and Rap Vernacular: Spicing Up Legalese (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- The Funniest Resume Gaffes Not To Make (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)