It's a new law school year. There's a new class of 1L's. And, to go with the theme, we have new thing or two to add
to our advice to incoming law students on how to survive law school.
Here's a brief re-cap:
- Experiment with study techniques.
- Don't worry too much about how others answer questions in class.
- Be careful about getting wrapped up in 'law school high'.
- Law school supplements are not like steroids, you are encouraged to use them to understand the material. .
- It's okay to be a passive member, and free lunch never tasted so good.
- You can read the full details in the original post
And we've been busy building & revamping online tools and resources that can be useful for law students in whatever stage they're in...and can be especially helpful to newly-minted L's making sense of it all.
How to Survive Law School: 5 Online Tools.
(did we mention they are all free)
1. Learn, Write, and Share on LawBrain
- find legal definitions and topics on this legal wiki
- browse legal topic by categories or tags
- use the 'opinion tab' to share information or work through hypos
- update articles using wiki tools
- LawBrain, the Legal Wiki: 11 Fun Facts
2. Ask and Answer on FindLaw Answers.
- join an active online community
- get to know the regulars--or become one
- practice 'issue-spotting'
- FindLaw Answers: Where Everybody Knows Your (Handle)
3. Get in the Know with FindLaw Blogs.
- Read posts from over 30 different blogs
- Get your fill of interesting and notable legal news--with a side of personality
- Subscribe to your favorite blogs via RSS so you don't miss a beat
- RSS for Law Students and Associates: In 5 Really Simple Steps
4. Get Legal News and Case Law Delivered to your inbox with FindLaw Newsletters.
- Choose from 100 free titles
- Subscribe to one, more & unsubscribe at anytime
- Get case summaries and opinions of newly-decided cases delivered to your inbox
- Well-Delivered: 5 FindLaw Newsletters You Can Use
5. Learn About the Law on FindLaw.
- Explore the law from the consumer's perspective
- Begin to understand the A,B,C's of essential legal concepts
- Find articles on popular legal issues and topics
- The Power of Free: FindLaw's Cases & Codes for Law Students & Associates
- 6 Tricks & Tips to Surviving 1L (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- How to Survive Your First Year of Law School [PDF] 2010-2011 Edition (ABANet)
- Don't Start 2L Without Knowing This... (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 3 Tips for the Seasoned 3L (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 10 Funny Tees for Law Students in 2010 (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- F-Bombs and Rap Vernacular: Spicing Up Legalese (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- 29 Ways to Minimize Your Law School Loan Debt (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- A Rap About LRAP (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- PreLaw 101: What does "L" Mean Anyway? (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)