I'm not going to lie, yesterday, I succumbed to the temptation of Peeps. That is, I introduced my daughter to what has been a spring tradition since I was a child -- the ingesting of neon colored, sugar-covered marshmallows.
Was it gross? Yes. Was it fun? You bet.
Well, it seems that the ABA Journal has its own Peeps tradition -- the Peeps in Law Diorama Contest. Six years strong, this may be the best yet because at their sixth "anniversary," wedding etiquette dictates that the traditional anniversary gift would be candy (or iron -- meh). The premise of the contest is simple: create a diorama using Peeps, "illustrating a law-related event, case or theme."
You could go to town on this -- and one look at past entries shows you that people have. From famous quotes, moments in history, movies, and landmark cases, anything can be Peep-ified. Yes, we went through previous years' galleries and we saw everything from Palsgraf to "My Cousin Vinny," to a play on "motion in limine" and the "glass ceiling" depicted.
Want to get in on the Peeps action? Here are the details for entering the Peeps in Law 2014 Contest:
- Submission deadline is Sunday, April 6th;
- Submit a photo -- .jpg, .gif or .png file;
- Include (1) title of the diorama; (2) how you want to be credited; and (3) a description of what your diorama represents.
- Send to email@example.com
- Accompanying videos or songs are optional.
If you're not up for actually creating a diorama you can still be part of the fun by voting on your favorite one. Voting is open from April 9 to April 21, and the ABA Journal will announce the winners on April 22, which also happens to be Earth Day.
Best of luck to you peeps!
Enjoy the latest legal news from our blogs? Keep up with the latest legal docs on Scribd.
- Peep-le's Law: ABA's Photo Gallery of Life, Law, and Marshmallow Peeps (FindLaw's Greedy Associates Blog)
- 3 Lessons for Young Attorneys from Pharrell's Hat (FindLaw's Greedy Associates Blog)
- 5 Lessons for Young Attorneys from Ron Burgundy (FindLaw's Greedy Associates Blog)