May 11 to 12, 2009 • The St. Regis Houston - Houston, TX
The "House GOP's leading expert on energy policy" (Wall Street Journal, 10/02), Representative Joe Barton has led the House charge to pass comprehensive national energy policy legislation. In the past two congresses, he has shared authorship of the two most comprehensive energy policy packages to pass in the House since the 1930s. Barton has committed himself to passing legislation promoting an environment of high supply, low demand, consumer-friendly prices and environmental protection. A proponent of competition, Barton is additionally responsible for both the first electricity deregulation legislation to pass a House subcommittee, and for legislation which deregulated the natural gas industry.
Corporate Counsel Magazine's "Legal Issues in the
Energy Industry" is designed for general counsel, senior legal in-house
counsel and executives working in the Energy Industry. It will cover
the latest regulatory, legal and business issues in this continuously
evolving industry. This conference will cover both traditional and
alternative energy industries.
Topics to Be Covered include:
- Obama Administration Approach Towards Energy
- Arbitration Issues in the Energy Industry - Domestic and International
- Infrastructure and Alternative Energy
- 2009 FERC Enforcement Issues
- Legislative Initiatives at the State and Federal Level for Energy
- Current Trends in Royalty Litigation:
- Energy and Water Management Issues:
Impact of Exploration/Production and Water Resources
- Climate Change and Energy
- Energy and the Environment:
Prospects for Partnership?