Attorneys working in-house face unique issues, and as such their management training and CLE courses should reflect that. Since CLE requirements are mandatory, why not take classes that will actually help you deal with the particular issues that are relevant to your practice?
There are some great events coming up in May, and we have a roundup of some of the ones that may relate best to in-house counsel. Mark your calendars, and start tallying up your CLE credits, and add management training to your belts.
ACC Legal Service Management Workshop
On May 6 to 7, 2014, the ACC is hosting a two-day workshop in St. Louis. The course will focus on "value-based fee structures and the management skills and tools to support them." In addition, you'll be given some valuable resources to take home with you. And, as any legal workshop goes, this will be an excellent opportunity for building your professional network. If you want to register to attend, click here.
ABA Webinar Courses in May
Maybe you don't want to leave town for training -- totally understandable. The ABA has some great teleconference/webinar classes scheduled for May, and some may be particularly helpful to in-house counsel:
- What's in Our Future: The Key Trends and Developments in Environmental, Energy, and Resources Law That Will Change Our Practices: Get a refresher on emerging issues in energy and environmental law. Live Webinar, Friday, May 2.
- Recent Antitrust Developments: March and April 2014: Learn about new antitrust developments in the pharmaceuticals and health care industry. Monday, May 5.
- The Impact of Regulatory and Industry Standards on Patents: A discussion on new standards and their effects on IP rights. Live Webinar, Thursday, May, 8.
This is just a sampling of the CLE courses provided by the ABA; there are many more that may be more relevant to your practice area. To see what other classes the ABA is offering, visit the ABA Calendar.
Do you plan on taking any CLE classes this month? Let us know on our FindLaw for Legal Professionals Facebook page.
- Legal Department as Profit Center: Monetizing the Law Department (FindLaw's In House)
- One Degree Just Not Enough? Why Not Add An MBA to Your JD (FindLaw's In House)
- ACC Annual Meeting 2013: 5 Reasons You Should Go (FindLaw's In House)