Woman Finds Maggots in Her Airline Snack - Injured
Injured - The FindLaw Accident, Injury and Tort Law Blog

Woman Finds Maggots in Her Airline Snack

Airline food is nothing to write home about. In fact, it's so bad, one woman even accused it of contributing to her husband's death.

Well, Victoria Cleven is here to sully the food's reputation even more. She allegedly found maggots in her airline food last week when on a Qantas flight between Los Angeles and Melbourne.

They were in her son's food, too.

The offending edibles were actually packages of trail mix provided by flight attendants, explains The Herald Sun. The plane was dark when Victoria Cleven began chowing down, but she soon realized that the snack tasted a bit off. She turned on a light and found maggots in the airline food.

She was so disgusted, she took photos and the following video:

Yuck. As expected, Cleven brought the issue to the attention of Qantas personnel. The company only offered her a partial refund, according to The Herald Sun. It also blamed The Sydney Biscuit Company, the snack's manufacturer.

Here is where things go right and wrong. Even though moths could have gotten into the packets when stored at a Qantas facility, the CEO of the Biscuit Company called Cleven and apologized. She says she "couldn't have asked for anything better from him." Qantas, however, is still playing coy, and has launched an investigation, reports the Huffington Post.

If Victoria Cleven sues anyone for the horror of finding maggots in her airline food, it's going to be Qantas. Sure, she could sue the Biscuit Company as well, especially since no one is exactly sure how the maggots entered the sealed packets. But an apology will get you far in the realm of personal injury law. People often just want their feelings acknowledged. And a full refund.

Related Resources: