As the bleak economic climate lingers, more Americans are being forced into foreclosure on their homes. FindLaw today released data from its latest survey that found a staggering one on three (31%) Americans know someone who has lost their home to foreclosure, and another 27% who are in the process of foreclosure.
In response to these types of findings, and the increasing numbers of FindLaw visitors seeking ways to avoid home foreclosure, FindLaw.com has launched a new online section called Foreclosure and Alternatives at http://foreclosure.findlaw.com/.
The new section offers free and helpful information the topic of home Foreclosure and related, including:
- Foreclosure Basics - What is foreclosure?
- Understanding loan modification and other options for avoiding foreclosure
- Understanding your mortgage
- Avoiding foreclosure & loan modification scams
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- State-specific foreclosure assistance and information.
- Podcasts, videos and other tools for avoiding and surviving foreclosure
Click here to see the full press release with key foreclosure tips and to learn more about the FindLaw survey.
More Information on Foreclosures, Debt Management and Real Estate: