Here's some sobering news: drinking and driving don't mix. OK, you probably should have already known that.
And while we hope you never have to deal with a DUI, if a drinking and driving situation comes up, FindLaw.com is jam-packed with DUI-related content.
So try not to panic, because FindLaw can help out in a big way.
1. DUI Articles, FAQs, and State-Specific DUI Laws: FindLaw's in-depth DUI/DWI Law Center in our 'Learn About the Law' section is the place to find general information such as what happens during and after a DUI stop and state-specific DUI laws and resources. Facing a DUI charge? Check out:
- DUI Overview - Basic drunk driving laws, from DUI checkpoints to ignition interlock devices.
- Stages of a DUI Case - A look through each stage of a DUI case, from arrest to appeal.
- DUI Sentencing - Discussion of punishment that may be imposed in DUI cases.
- Hire a DUI Lawyer - Find out why hiring a DUI lawyer is the first thing you should do.
2. Editorial Blogs: FindLaw's Blotter regularly highlights DUI-related incidents making national news. Recent popular posts have included:
- Should I Ever Refuse a DUI Sobriety Test?
- Do DUI Apps Help Drunk Drivers Avoid Checkpoints?
- Dirty DUI: Sexy Women Tricked Men Into Drinking
- How to Avoid a DUI on Prom Night
3. Local DUI-focused Blogs: For news in your backyard, FindLaw's local blogs are a must-read. Posts range from the hilarious (Oak Forest Man Dances During DUI Field Sobriety Test) to the more serious drunk driving news. FindLaw's local DUI blog titles include:
- The Chicago DUI Law Blog - In-depth news and resources for Chicagoans.
- The Los Angeles DUI Blog - Includes updates on DUI checkpoint locations in the L.A. area.
- The Philadelphia DUI Blog - Information for Philly residents on local DUI cases and news.
- The Phoenix DUI Law Blog - A look at DUI developments in this Grand Canyon state.
- The Atlanta DUI News Blog - Witten for Atlanta residents in need of DUI information.
4. DUI Answers Board: Ask DUI-related questions and get answers from legal professionals on our DUI & DWI Answers board.
5. Attorney-Authored Articles on DUI: Browse a collection of articles written by lawyers to help you make sense of the DUI/DWI process. State-specific DUI law topics have included Michigan's New "Super Drunk" Driving Laws and New DWI Interlock Law proposed in Texas.
7. DUI Mobile App Content: Contact a lawyer at the scene of a DUI stop or look up what not to do using FindLaw's mobile app.