Mother's Day is almost upon us. Instead of overpriced lotions and hastily bought greeting cards, why not help your mom get her legal ducks in a row?
Let's face it, your mother probably already has a mug (or two... or three) that say "World's No. 1 Mom," and flower arrangements will quickly wither. But does your mom have an updated estate plan, an advance directive, or a durable financial power of attorney?
Turn to FindLaw.com for these simple ways to meet your mother's legal needs:
Legal Planning for All Ages
FindLaw launched its new Legal Planning tools last summer, and these resources can help moms in all stages of life:
- Young moms. Whether you're a young mom or just close to one, FindLaw offers legal tips for young families which can make a difference down the road, including a New Parent Checklist and a guide to the home-buying process.
- Middle years. Moms need legal help with their careers and finances, too. FindLaw has the tools to make moms' middle years their best -- along with resources for moms dealing with divorce and child custody.
- Retirement. Is your mom living a "Golden Girls" lifestyle? Help her plan for life and the unexpected with our tips for retirees, covering topics such as estate-planning and elder law.
To get more legal planning tips delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for FindLaw's Legal Planning Newsletter by clicking here. (Your mom may find it handy too.)
FindLaw's Legal Bloggers Love Our Moms
FindLaw's Blogs team loves moms! Don't miss all the great content on how moms intersect with the law, like:
- 3 Legal Issues You Should Handle for Your Mom. Although she may be very independent, not everything can be handled by the woman who gave you life.
- Legal Issues for Moms Behind Bars. Moms can end up behind bars just as easily as dads. Read how state and federal facilities accommodate incarcerated mothers.
- Oh Baby: New Moms Face a Bundle of Legal Issues. New moms need legal help with their babies, and we've got a few tips to ease the early years.
- Top 10 Legal Issues for Single Moms. This isn't the 1950s, and the law has plenty of support for single moms. Read up on some basic legal issues affecting nearly one-third of American moms.
- A Mom's Guide to Resolving Family Legal Issues. Moms serve as the stable pillars of their families, so they might as well know about fixing common legal problems, too.
Point your mom in the direction of our blogs and let us give her some love.
Check Out Our Lawyer Directory
Does your mom have a legal problem that requires a lawyer -- or at least a free (or low-cost) consultation with one? Or maybe you'd like to find a lawyer for an issue you need to handle for her? Look no further than FindLaw's Lawyer Directory.
Are there any other legal issues for your mom you'd like us to address? Please let us know on our FindLaw for Consumers Facebook page or on Twitter (@FindLawConsumer). From all of us here at FindLaw, Happy Mother's Day!