Hey you. Yeah, you, person who is looking for free legal information. And you, the lawyer perusing cases and codes. Guess what? You're missing out on what some of us here (the bloggers) would say is the best part of FindLaw.com: our blogs.
And we have a lot of them.
Believe it or not, we're blogging all day long, for legal consumers and lawyers alike, about the biggest issues in the industry: notable cases, hilarious slip-ups, business tips for small firms, Kanye West's community service -- you know, the important things. And if you aren't compulsively clicking on our blogs, you're really missing out.
So just how many legal blogs do we have here at FindLaw.com?
For Consumers: 10 Different Blogs
For our non-lawyer visitors, FindLaw.com touts 10 different blogs, each covering a unique aspect of the law. Our consumer blog writers take pride in turning complex legal topics into fun, understandable blog posts, often using current events or even television shows as teaching tools. For example:
- How does the latest celebrity or athlete scandal appear under a legal lens? Check out our Celebrity Justice and Tarnished Twenty blogs for some insight.
- Maybe you prefer your boring law spiced up with a bit of humor? Or perhaps you'd like to peruse the weirdest legal battles in the nation? We've got it all covered in our Legal Grounds and Legally Weird blogs. (Legally Weird, by the way, was named one of the Top 100 legal blogs by the ABA Journal last winter.)
- And we're not all fun and games: Our Law and Daily Life blog provides tips about everyday legal issues, such as how to respond to a lawsuit. And our ever-popular Free Enterprise blog similarly covers the day-to-day legal issues that hound small business owners.
That' s not all -- four other consumer legal news blogs (Blotter, Injured, Decided, and Common Law) have a little something for everybody.
For Legal Professionals: 19 Different Blogs
For our audience of attorneys and other legal professionals, how about 19 distinct blogs, all competing for your attention?
Why so many, you ask? It's simple: An in-house attorney has different needs, wants, and concerns from a JD who's fresh out of law school. And cases in the Fourth Circuit mean bupkis to a California attorney.
Our legal professional blogs fall into two categories, "lifestyle" blogs and jurisdictional blogs:
- Our lifestyle-focused blogs include Greedy Associates (for the younger folk), Strategist (for the small firm attorney), In House (no explanation needed) and our Technologist blog (a tech-geek-lawyer's paradise, also named as one of the ABA Journal's Top 100 legal blogs).
- And then there are our more "meaty" blogs, covering issues relevant to practitioners in the 13 federal circuit courts of appeal (yes, we have a blog for each federal circuit), plus California's courts. And who can forget our U.S. Supreme Court blog, where we discuss Justice Nino Scalia's latest rants.
Together, these 19 blogs have something for everyone, or every legal professional at least.
Follow Us via RSS, Social Media
If you're an existing reader, what's your favorite blog? Tweet at our consumer and legal professional teams with your top choice -- or just follow those Twitter accounts so you can stay on top of what FindLaw's blogs have to offer.
And if you're not an existing reader, what are you waiting for? Head over to our consumer blogs homepage, or legal professionals blogs page, and bookmark us. Or better yet, add us to your RSS feed so that you never miss a post.