Are you struggling to fill out your Mother's Day card? Don't know how to put your emotions into words? We're here to help.
In the past 12 months, many a mom has graced FindLaw.com. Unfortunately for their children, these women behaved badly. We mean really bad. But their shortcomings can help inspire your 2012 Mother's Day missive.
So go ahead and thank your mom for never acting like one of the following worst moms of the year.
1. Keemonta Peterson. Kids are expensive, but most parents wouldn't operate on their children in order to avoid the cost of surgery. Nor would they learn how to perform a circumcision on YouTube. This mom did both. Men, if you've been snipped, thank your mom for letting a doctor do it.
2. Ashly Clark. Normal moms send you to your room when you've been bad. This Nebraska mom? She locked her sons, 3 and 5, in a 30 by 42-inch wire dog cage. Consider thanking your mom for ensuring that you had a bed and room to stretch your legs when you were in trouble.
3. Sandra Padilla Miranda. Think your mom was an obnoxious helicopter parent? Think again. This Florida mom set up a fight between her 17-year-old daughter and a 14-year-old classmate. She then spent the duration of the fight urging her teen to hit harder -- and to bite the other girl.
Thank your mom for keeping her encouragement tame -- and legal.
4. Susanna Barrett. This mom's claim to fame is her daughter Isabella, one of the stars of Toddlers & Tiaras. Isabella and her pageant friends dance around like Lady Gaga while wearing skimpy clothing.
But Barrett isn't one of the year's worst moms because she has openly sexualized her 5-year-old daughter. No, it's because she's suing people for pointing it out. Everyone, thank mom for confining her hypocrisy to your house. It's less embarrassing that way.
5. Ka Yang. This mother almost didn't make the list, but her story was just too bizarre not to include. After finding evidence of thermal injuries on Yang's dead 6-week-old daughter, investigators concluded that she had microwaved the baby. There seems to have been some mental illness involved, so go ahead and thank your mom for taking care of her mental health after you were born.