Valentine's Day is a day for love and romance. It's not often a day you equate with jail and arrests.
But people do get arrested on Valentine's Day. And some of those arrest stories can be very interesting, if not downright weird.
Here are five of the craziest Valentine's Day arrests:
- Woman attacks boyfriend for not giving a gift. Kierra Reed of Ohio allegedly attacked her boyfriend over his failure to get her a Valentine's gift, and was arrested on a charge of menacing. Her poor boyfriend was so frightened that he barricaded himself in a room to hide from her. But that didn't stop Reed. According to the police report, she got a knife and started stabbing the door.
- Bad S&M. A couple ended up behind bars after their Valentine's Day "sexcapade" caught the eye of a passer by. An onlooker claimed to have seen a naked woman bound and gagged in the backseat of a car. But the couple claimed they were just having some playful fun. Police arrested the couple anyway, claiming that their stunt caused public alarm.
- Man killed over dog poop dispute. This isn't a romance-related story but it did happen on Valentine's Day. A man was killed after neighbors complained about dog poop. When the dog owner was confronted, he cold-heartedly shot the man who complained.
- Sexual harassment at Morton's Steakhouse. Restaurants are often packed with dining couples on Valentine's Day, but what takes place behind the scenes? A male restaurant worker claimed he was nearly raped on Valentine's Day by a co-worker at an establishment in Florida. The alleged victim had previously complained about his coworker's antics, which included groping, licking, and even stuffing asparagus down his pants.
- Man "stunned" on Valentine's Day. In the groin. Officers used a Taser to subdue a man after he showed up at his girlfriend's house hoping to work things out. Instead, his girlfriend called the cops, who for some reason aimed at his privates. The man brought suit against the police for excessive force and violation of his Fourth Amendment rights. Talk about getting hit below the belt -- and on Valentine's Day, no less.
- Divorce Lawyers Love Day After Valentine's Day (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- Woman Wins $900K in eHarmony Herpes Lawsuit (FindLaw's Injured)
- Match.com Sued: Love Seekers Claim Site Full of Fake Profiles (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
- 5 Ways Love Can Lead to Lawsuits, Legal Action (FindLaw's Legal Grounds)