It's that time of the year and many people are working on their holiday shopping. One question that comes up often is, "What do you buy for a lawyer?"
Fortunately, The American Bar Association recently put together a list of the top holiday gifts for your favorite lawyer.
Here are some highlights:
- A coffee mug that offers the answers to questions about U.S. Supreme Court cases.
- The Discovery Channel's Life series. Apparently they aren't concerned that lawyers might assume you are telling them to "get a life."
- Vu-Point Magic Wand Portable Scanner. This is a good choice. We wrote about the scanner, which sells for less than $100. The Magic Wand is a hand-held cordless scanner that runs on batteries and will allow you to scan motions, tickets, case files, practice guides, opinions and more.
- StayPuft Caffeinated Marshmallows. This one seems like more of a gag gift, but yet it's something that could conceivably still be used. The manufacturer says they are "licensed collectibles, which for a marshmallow is pretty awesome ... [and] Stay Puft Caffeinated Gourmet Marshmallows are CAFFEINATED! You feel it as soon as you suck one down."
- iPad. Of course there is also the gift that nearly everyone seems to want this year, attorneys included. An attorney can use an iPad for everything from watching movies to researching cases. They seem to be a hit with pretty much everyone.
So now that you've have some ideas for the top holiday gifts for lawyers this year, it's time to get a move on. Lawyers are people too, and who doesn't want a fun gift for the holidays?
- Holiday Gifts for Lawyers: Tech Toys, Greta Garbo's Lawyer Letter & SCOTUS Losers Mug (ABA Journal)
- Apple to Update iPad Software: Good for Law Practice? (FindLaw's Technologist)
- NJ Attorney David Wolfe Named Chair of the ABA Young Lawyers (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)