Looking for ways to survive that post-Thanksgiving weekend slump? While it may be mid-week already, some of us might have had a little too much turkey and pumpkin pie (with leftovers to boot) over the past weekend that we are still feeling those sleepy side-effects of wanting to remain in bed. With the weather getting chillier, who can blame you?
Well, your clients, for one. So, with that said, here are some ways to help you survive that post-long weekend slump:
- Your wonderful support staff. Remember, you and your support staff operate like a well-oiled machine (or, well, you should). You were thankful for them last week, and you shouldn't forget that they're still there this week. Your staff is there to help you lighten the load and to ensure that everything is up to snuff at the firm. Take advantage of this. But, don't forget to treat them right.
- Try to move around more. What better way to avoid that holiday weight gain and to try to stay productive? A quick walk, stretch, or gym session before or during your lunch break can provide you with just the right burst of energy you need to get through the day.
- Use the holidays as motivation. While Halloween and Thanksgiving may be over, the holidays are pretty much in full force. To help you prepare for that, and as incentive to work harder, use that as motivation. Remember that the more productive you are today and tomorrow will help ensure that your load is lightened and that you won't be stressed during the holiday season. Also, this might mean another vacation to look forward to -- that's always incentive.
- Last but definitely not least, your clients. Remember that despite work being unpleasant after a long weekend, you still are advocating for real, live human beings who need you. While the daily grind may be annoying, it's all working toward the cases of your clients. Besides, there may be a new batch of cases after the tumultuous (for some) turkey day has passed.
Hopefully there are also still leftovers for you to look forward to when you get home later. Hang in there.
How did you survive the post T-Day slump? Tweet us your thoughts @FindLawLP.
- How to avoid the post-Thanksgiving meal slump (Capital Gazette)
- How to Beat the Inevitable 3 O'clock Slump: 5 Tips (FindLaw's Strategist)
- 4 Things to Remember for the Upcoming Holiday Season at Your Firm (FindLaw's Strategist)