Legal technology is developing rapidly, and changing faster. Even if you read the latest articles, follow relevant Twitter and Facebook accounts, and subscribe to RSS feed to keep your law firm up to speed on legal technology innovations, you may still benefit substantially from actually experiencing legal tech developments live.
The annual ABA TECHSHOW aims to do just that by introducing attendees to practical technologies for transforming their legal practice. Hosted by the American Bar Association (ABA), the conference covers topics such as e-commerce, trial-specific software, cybercrime, tools to building a paperless office, electronic briefs, scanning options, e-discovery, video deposition technology, and more.
Feel like you've been missing out? Employing today's available technologies, the ABA TECHSHOW blog features a section entitled "Best of ABA TECHSHOW". Here are highlights of its compilation. And if you like what you see, you can plan on trekking to Chicago from March 25-27 2010 for the next ABA TECHSHOW.
- 60 Sites in 60 minutes - At each year's TECHSHOW presenters pull together a list of 60 sites that are of interest--some with a legal angle, and some of general interest. Here is a sampling of their picks from the 2009 show.
- All My Favs www.allmyfaves.com
- Association of Corporate Counsel Downloadable documents and resources www.acc.com/legalresources/quickreferences
- Social Media Law Student socialmedialawstudent.com
- TechnoLawyer BlawgWorld Newsletter www.technolawyer.com
- FileGenius www.filegenius.com
- iGoodBye www.igoodbye.com
- Legally Minded www.legallyminded.com
- DimDim www.dimdim.com
- Alltop (Law) law.alltop.com
- Best of Articles
- Acrobat for Power Users - by Catherine Sanders Reach and David L. Masters | January 2008 TECHSHOW
- Client Development Keep Them Coming Back for More with Technology - by Jim Calloway and Nancy Roberts Linder | January 2008 TECHSHOW
- Best of Audio
- ABA TECHSHOW 2007 Keynote Address - Justice Shira Scheindlin reviews the new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
the Edge- Is the World Flat for Legal Technology - Discusses innovations
such as Software as a Service (Saas), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP),
virtual servers, virtualization, and data backup options.