It's that time of the year again: the 25th ABA TECHSHOW will going on at the Hilton Chicago from April 11 to 13.
The silver jubilee celebration of the legal technology event will feature over 50 programs on legal technology, including e-discovery, going paperless and social networking, with over 1,500 people expected to attend. The event will also have a number of experts and manufactures of legal technology on hand.
The keynote address at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 11 will feature professor Larry Lessig, founder of Stanford Law School's Center for Internet and Society. Lessig is a professor at Harvard Law School, a founding board member of Creative Commons, and the author of several published works including: "Code: And Other Laws of Cyberspace, Version 2.0," "Free Culture: How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Creativity" and "Voice-Over-IP's Unlikely Here."
There are a number of other interesting events you may want to attend. If you want more information, check out www.techshow.com:
Monday, April 11
- Social Networking/Marketing: "Web Site 101: Build and Rebuild," 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Solo/Small Firm: "Expanding Your Practice with an Online Office," 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Social Networking/Marketing: "Litigators' Toolbox: Social Media," 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Solo/Small Firm - The Basics: "Google Tools and Apps for Lawyers," 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Large Firm/Corporate Counsel: "Taking Your Practice Into the Cloud," 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 12
- Collaboration: "Developing Documents Using Collaboration Tools," 8 - 9 a.m.
- Cloud Computing: "Popular Cloud Services for Lawyers," 10 - 11 a.m.
- Cloud Computing: "The Google-Powered Law Office," 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- Collaboration: "Mind Mapping," 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- Advanced IT: "Virtualization," 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- "60 Tips in 60 Minutes," 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 13
- Emerging Technology: "The Open Source Powered Law Firm," 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
- Smart Phone/Mobility I: "60 iPhone and iPad Apps in 60 minutes," 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
- Smart Phone/Mobility II: "BlackBerry Love," 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
- Power User: "Supercharge Your Browser: Add-ons, Extensions and Tweaks," 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
The annual event is hosted by the American Bar Association Law Practice Management Section and will be the most comprehensive legal and business technology conference of its kind.
The ABA law practice management section was established in 1974 as a section of the ABA to provide resources for lawyers and other legal professionals. At the ABA TECHSHOW, attorneys and other legal professionals can learn about marketing, management, technology and finance.
- Best of the ABA TECHSHOW (FindLaw's Technologist)
- ABA TECHSHOW 2007 Keynote Address - Justice Shira Scheindlin reviews the new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Approaching the Edge- Is the World Flat for Legal Technology - Discusses innovations such as Software as a Service (Saas), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), virtual servers, virtualization, and data backup options.