Imagine that you're in the middle of a settlement conference or at a court hearing. Suddenly, a brilliant idea strikes. It can make or break your case.
What do you do? The courthouse has no wireless Internet, and there's no place to plug in. In fact, you don't even have your laptop. But you need the name of that case or statute, or you might not be able to make your point.
Enter WestlawNext Mobile. Now you can do legal research anywhere.
WestlawNext Mobile works on the iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm or Android. It requires no app, and no special maneuvering on your part. Just pull up the phone's browser and navigate to the usual site.
Once there, you'll be redirected to a mobile-friendly site. Input your username and password to access a list of top tools and content. Start researching.
Streamlined and easy to use, WestlawNext Mobile allows you to:
- Search and view results
- Use KeyCite to validate case law and statutes
- Access saved research and folders
- Save new documents and folders
- View recently accessed documents and searches
- Add and update notes
- Email documents
Because personalized content and records are synchronized across the system, you can access your data on a computer, smartphone or tablet.
In fact, tablet users might want to check out the recently released WestlawNext iPad app. The app boasts a specially designed interface and touch-screen navigation.
Between the iPad app and WestlawNext Mobile, you'll never be unprepared again.
[WestlawNext is owned by Thomson Reuters, which also owns FindLaw.]
- WestlawNext 2011 Named New Product of the Year by Law Libraries (FindLaw's Strategist)
- 3 Tech Gadgets to Simplify a Lawyer's Life (FindLaw's Technologist)
- Could iPhone's Siri Speech Recognition Make a Good Assistant? (FindLaw's Technologist)