The first time you travel for a trial or deposition, it's fun and exciting. By the time you have a few wins under your belt, it becomes a hassle.
If you have an upcoming work trip, these five free apps can ease your travel trials.
- Kayak. Whether you need a flight, a hotel, or a rental car, Kayak is a one-stop aggregator to help you compare prices and book a trip.
- Hotel Tonight. If you're stranded after missing a flight, or called away at the last minute for a work-related emergency, you'll need a last-minute hotel room. Hotel Tonight -- available on iPhone, iPad, and Android -- offers a limited selection of same day hotel deals in -- cities for 1-4 nights. Rates are up to 70 percent off, and there are some pretty posh options.
- Über. Tired of hailing a cab to the airport, or waiting 30 minutes after you call for one to arrive at your door? Über, a car service you book through your phone. uses GPS to schedule the car closest to your pickup point. There's no hassle over cash versus credit or tip: You automatically pay for your ride through the app with the credit card associated with your account. Granted, an Über ride costs more than a standard car ride, but many lawyers find that the convenience warrants the higher fees.
- TripIt. Have you ever spent 10 minutes at a hotel desk trying to find a confirmation email in your phone? Worse yet, do you still travel with hard copies of your travel plans? TripIt collects all of your travel plans into one handy app.
- Urban Spoon. You need to eat, but you don't know what you want to eat. In addition to the restaurant information and reviews, Urban Spoon's "Shake" option prompts you to select a location, type of food and price range, before choosing a restaurant for you.
- Burner App Lets You Give Out Temporary Phone Numbers (FindLaw's Technologist)
- TranscriptPad App Makes Deposition Review Easier (FindLaw's Technologist)
- Top 3 Docket Apps to Simplify Your Calendar (FindLaw's Technologist)