In case you got caught up in the excitement of the first Utah woman being confirmed to the Tenth Circuit, you may need a reminder about some other important events: The Utah District Court is relocating and the Utah State Bar has an estate planning CLE coming up.
Here's what lawyers need to know:
Utah District Court Relocation
Between April 4 and 13, the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah will relocate to the new courthouse at 315 S. West Temple in Salt Lake City. Full operations at the current location, the Frank E. Moss Building, will cease on April 4. Everything will be back to normal on April 14 at the new location.
Phone services will be shut down on the evening of April 3 and all regular court proceedings will be on hold until the move is complete. If you need to contact the court on April 5, then email is your best option, according to the Clerk of Court.
CM/ECF services will operate as normal, so attorneys can continue to e-file documents. However, for paper pleadings to be filed, a 24-hour box will be available at the Moss Courthouse during the moving period; it will be dismantled when the clerk's office is relocated to the new courthouse.
CLE: Estate Planning Boot Camp
For attorneys in Utah who are hoping to add estate planning to their practice or need a refresher, the Utah State Bar is holding an Estate Planning Boot Camp on March 27.
The "boot camp" is for intermediate level estate planners. Attorneys attending the full day event (it runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) will receive eight CLE hours.
For attendees who have been admitted to the Utah State Bar for fewer than three years, the fee is $150. For everyone else, it's $210. The event will be held at the Utah Law and Justice Center in Salt Lake City.
Some of the featured seminars include:
- The Client Interview: What Not to Do
- Estate and Gift Tax Overview/Non-Citizen Spouse Issues
- Will Contests and Dispute Resolution
- Introduction to Probate Administration
If you're looking for other CLEs to attend, visit the Utah State Bar's website or find an online course.
Enjoy the latest legal news from our blogs? Keep up with the latest legal docs on Scribd.
- Utah State Bar's CLE Events Calendar (Utah State Bar)
- After 10-Month Wait, Judge Carolyn McHugh Confirmed for 10th Cir. (FindLaw's U.S. Tenth Circuit Blog)
- 3 Electronic Filing Tips for the Utah District Court (FindLaw's U.S. Tenth Circuit Blog)
- Panel Attorneys Rejoice: Pay Rates Restored in Federal Courts (FindLaw's U.S. Tenth Circuit Blog)