Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Kid Rock Ordered to Pay $35,000 in Assault Case

Article Placeholder Image
By Kamika Dunlap on March 17, 2010 3:02 PM

Kid Rock was found guilty of assault charges and ordered to pay three victims who sued in the assault case.

So, that's the bad news.

The good news is that the rocker will only have to pay a total of $35,000 to the three guys, which is significantly less than the $15 million they demanded in their lawsuit.

According to All Headline News, the jury determined that the singer should pay $35,000 for the plaintiffs to split. Apparently, no lawyer fees were awarded.

As previously discussed, Kid Rock defended himself against three fans, Michael Medlin, Jose Perez and Carlos Bonilla, who claim he assaulted them after they asked for autographs.

The lawsuit claims Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, along with six members of hip-hop group the Boo-Yaa Tribe, attacked the group of men. 

Bonilla and Perez are celebrity photographers who were carrying a still camera and a video camera. Bonilla said he shot about three frames of Kid Rock before his camera was taken.

The Boo-Yaa members were no longer defendants in the case.  

Kid Rock told the judge the scene at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles four years ago was chaotic and he denied any wrongdoing or that he threatened the three plaintiffs.

The trio filed a civil suit against Kid Rock in 2008. They sued over wage loss, loss of use of property, hospital and medical expenses, property and general damages, and loss of earning capacity.

They were seeking $15 million in damages from the assault case.