Former Playmate Kendra Wilkinson Fights Sex Tape Release

Article Placeholder Image
By Kamika Dunlap on May 11, 2010 10:55 AM

Former playmate Kendra Wilkinson is trying to make a fresh start but is haunted by the potential release of a sex tape.

New wife and mom Kendra Wilkinson, along with her legal team, is involved in a battle to stop the release of the sex tape by porn giants Vivid Entertainment, RadarOnline reports.

Although sources close to the former playmate said she knew about the video that she made with someone she trusted, Kendra is unaware who sold the footage to Vivid.

Apparently, Vivid is the same company that released the Kim Kardashian sex tape.

Last June, Kendra Wilkinson got married to NFL football star Hank Baskett and the couple had a baby, Hank IV, in December.

The former playmate has said she is concerned that the release of the sex tape could shatter her marriage and terrified that the tape will become public. Wilkinson claims the tape was made only for private use.

During an E! True Hollywood Story that aired in March, Kendra acknowledged that she experimented with drugs and alcohol and had a wild past.

The former Girls Next Door star is now working with her lawyer to fight the release of the sex tape.

Her attorney, Yael E. Holtkamp, from the Lavely and Singer firm in Los Angeles, recently sent a cease and desist letter to Vivid.

The letter reads in part, "...Any exploitation of the video would be a gross violation of Miss Wilkinson's constitutional and common law rights of privacy," RadarOnline reports.

A cease and desist letter typically requests or demands that the recipient refrain from taking certain actions.

So far the CEO of Vivid Entertainment, Steve Hirsch, does not seem to be backing down from the legal warning.