Greedy Links: All Sotomayor, All the Time
OK, that's not true. In fact, we calculate that at least 72% of these links do not relate to the Supreme Court in any way. You're welcome.Firm Life: Win Some, Lose Some
Law School: What Is It Good For?
- It was just another superhero Friday
in the life of The Namby Pamby.
- Texas firms are definitely cutting the
summer entertainment budget, notes Texas Lawyer.
- Good news for some laid-off associates at Mayer Brown, for whom, JD Journal reports, the firm found in-house placements
- Bad news, though, for some not-laid-off associates at Mayer Brown's Chicago office, where Above the Law reported a swine flu appearance. (Not that we wish to fuel the swine-flu hysteria. Here, as a counterweight to this scare item, is the CDC's H1N1 infection stats page. We're lawyers, not doctors, but those death numbers do not look scary-big to us.)
The ABA Journal
is really on top of the law-school beat this week:
Is Something Going On With SCOTUS Or Something?
Maybe It's Just Time To Call It a Week
- The Am Law Daily, inspired by the modern NFL, suggests
a new recruitment model for these challenging times. Strangely, it does not appear that they would use vertical leap as a criterion.
- Finally, it is Friday, and Legally Drawn has your tip to ensure that you don't have to work this weekend: don't be the guy on the right.