Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
We know: "Top 10" posts are way overdone, as are year-in-review posts. But we're doing one anyway, and expanding our list to 11. Why? Because it's a great way to survey the pulse of the young law student/young lawyer community. (This is FindLaw's Greedy Associates blog, after all.)
What sparked your interest this year? Free and cheap things. Lawyers who starred in porn. And debt, law school, and women in the legal profession. Check out our Top 11 Greedy Associates stories of 2014:
- Congrats to the Adult Film Star Who Passed the Calif. Bar! -- We were going to do a "Top 10," but for some reason, people really care about Heather Swift, graduate of Western State College of Law at Argosy University. In just one week, it has already become our 11th most popular post of 2014.
- 20 Questions With 3L Laura Puleo, a 'Miss Virginia'
Contender-- No longer merely a contender, Washington and Lee 3L Laura Puleo is Miss Virginia. Meet the reigning queen of Lexington in this in-depth and only semi-serious interview.
- 5 Things You Need to Buy Before Starting 1L Year in Law School -- It's no longer back-to-school season, but maybe you're looking for a holiday gift or shopping ahead for next year's batch of 1Ls.
- Lawyer's 'Torture Porn' Past Pops Up in Pa. Governor's Race -- Alan Benyak endorsed now-Gov. Tom Wolf during election season and appeared in a TV commercial. But Benyak's other on-screen credits include "torture porn" films such as "Breeding Farm" and "Lucifer's Unholy Desire," which caused a bit of a political kerfuffle. Whoops.
- 4 Ideas: How Women Can Be Liked AND Successful -- You don't have to be an evil genius or a "yes" woman -- imbue these four qualities to succeed without compromising that which makes you you.
- Everything You Need to Know About Being a Summer Associate -- Look: We're linking to a roundup post in a roundup post -- how meta of us! Seriously though, this is a great collection of advice for summer associates, people starting new jobs, or people who want to jump-start their career.
- Top 5 Cheapest Law Schools (And 5 More Worth Attending) -- Cheap is good. Cheap and good job outcomes for graduates is amazing. True story: My brother enrolled in the No. 5 "Worth Attending" school on our list, seven months after this post was published.
- I Beg to Differ: You Can Do Anything With a Law Degree -- One of our most controversial posts -- mainly because people on the Internet like to argue for the sake of arguing -- our blogger asserted that a law degree can come in handy even when embarking on non-traditional career paths.
- 10 Ways to Get Rid of Your Student Loan Debt Faster -- Drip by drip. Eventually that creek of savings becomes a river disappearing into a debt-free horizon. That's about as poetic as I can get today.
- 10 Free CLE Webinar Providers: Part I -- Continuing Legal Education: universally required, universally ignored until the last minute, and rarely free. Here are a few to get you started.
- Greedy Power Ranking: Top 5 Affordable Cities for Young Attorneys -- No roots? Don't mind flying to see family for the holidays? Open to taking a job anywhere? Seeking a new adventure? Here are five affordable cities for young attorneys.
Got a favorite Greedy Associates post from 2014 that didn't make this list? Tell us on Twitter @FindLawLP.