Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
It may only be two years old, but it appears as though New York's Yankee Stadium is already causing trouble for some fans.
Portia Walton, a 54-year-old Yankees fan, is suing the ballpark, alleging that an exposed outlet gave her the shock of her life during an April 4 game against the Minnesota Twins.
While waiting for a friend outside the stadium's Hard Rock Cafe, Portia Walton alleges that she stepped on an exposed power outlet that was connected to an electrical cord serving a nearby souvenir stand.
The misstep resulted in being "jolted" by electricity, reports WFAN.
Though she doesn't have any outward injuries from the Yankee Stadium electric shock, the station reports that Walton alleges that she is suffering from memory loss, headaches and post-traumatic stress disorder.
She's suing the Yankees and Hard Rock Cafe for $2 million.
For the lawsuit, it's essential to determine exactly what caused Portia Walton to receive the alleged Yankee Stadium electric shock.
If the incident was the result of a faulty power outlet, the plugged-in electrical cord, or an avoidable power surge, then the defendants may potentially be liable under the theory of negligence.
However, if the electrical shock was the result of an unavoidable power surge, or merely a bizarre accident, then neither the stadium nor Hard Rock Cafe were negligent in protecting park visitors.
As of now, the team has not given any indication of what may have caused the alleged shock, reports NBC. It likely won't make any statements until it has met with Walton's counsel.