Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
Microblading is one of the hottest trends in the beauty industry, but one woman could barely stand the heat. After her microblading artist botched one of her eyebrows, she attempted to have the error removed, only to exclaim, "it felt like my skin was melting off."
Microblading: The Leading Edge of Beauty
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent eyebrow tattooing that has taken the world by storm the past few years. Microblading artists draw or fill in eyebrows using a free-hand style, and then use special microblading tools to needle in the design. Linda Le, an Ohio resident, found a Groupon offering a good discount on the service with Hanin Hamid, owner of Hanin Artistry in Fairview Park, Ohio, and decided to take the beauty plunge. But she may live to regret that after suffering what might be permanent facial scarring. She's filed suit against the microblading technician for negligence.
Beauty Is in the Eye(Brow) of the Beholder
Le looked at a lot of photos Hamid had in her gallery of microblading. and they talked at great length before starting the procedure. Once the eyebrows were drawn on, Le commented that one of the eyebrows had a funny arch to it. After the needling procedure, the brow on the left was slightly higher and more arched than the one on the right. According to Le, "She kept telling me it's not a big deal; it's a very easy fix."
The "Fix" May Have Been Easy for Artist, but Not the Client
The "fix" turned out to be a very painful removal process, According to Le the process resulted in extreme pain, blistering and crusting. Le said, "I didn't know she was actually putting like an acid on my face. I didn't know it would be so harsh to my skin. It felt like my skin was melting off." According to Le's attorney, Le has seen a plastic surgeon, and was told there's no medical solution for her, and the scarring on her face may never go away.
Microblading removal usually consists of either laser removal, similar to removing a tattoo, or the use of saline solutions. It appears a saline solution was used, but since Le described the feeling as acidic, who knows what was placed on her face. Perhaps we will know soon, as the lawsuit discovery gets under way.
If you feel like you have had a beautician visit go awry, contact a personal injury attorney. Accidents happen, that's why there's a saying for it. But you shouldn't have to bear the entire brunt of an accident that wasn't your fault. Contact a local personal injury lawyer to discuss the facts of your case and see if you can get some legal relief for your beauty mishap.