Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
Thanks to you, our visitors, FindLaw.com saw tremendous growth this past year: Visits to many of our Learn About the Law topic sections more than doubled in 2014. But in our eyes, the true mark of success lies in the countless stories of people who successfully turned to FindLaw for help -- for example, learning how to file a claim for a wage violation or how to start the adoption process.
We take our work seriously because we know it involves real people's lives, often in times of crisis. (In fact, we'd love to hear your stories of how FindLaw helped you get out of a legal jam -- please let us know via Facebook and Twitter!)
As the year draws to a close, we'd like to leave you with the 10 fastest-growing Learn About the Law sections -- those that saw the greatest increase in visitors in 2014:
1. Social Security & Retirement Planning -- Visits to this section nearly quintupled in 2014, compared to the previous year. It's good to know more folks are getting a handle on their retirement plans.
2. Arbitration & Mediation -- We saw nearly a threefold increase in visits to our ADR section. Remember, most employment and credit contracts require the use of arbitration for disputes.
3. Litigation and Appeals -- Most criminal cases end with guilty pleas, and the vast majority of lawsuits are settled out court. But for those who end up going to trial, it's crucial to learn as much about the process as possible.
4. Immigration Law -- It makes sense that this section would be popular in a nation largely defined by immigration. Current events and federal policy changes raised the section's profile even more in 2014.
5. Health Care Law -- From the Affordable Care Act to state medical marijuana laws, health care was very much front and center this year.
6. Criminal Law -- This is our most popular section by volume, and it saw a big increase for the year. Police shootings and other unfortunate news events drove some of this traffic.
8. Derechos de los Empleados -- We're proud of our updated Spanish language articles, including this one, which translates to "Employee Rights."
9. Employment Law -- Our English-language employee rights section is also quite popular, enjoying a significant jump in visits over 2013.
10. Inmagracion y Ciudadania -- Like its English-language companion, our Spanish-language "Immigration and Citizenship" section saw increased traffic as a result of its high profile nationwide.
Have a wonderful, safe, and hassle-free New Year. But if you get into a legal quagmire, remember that FindLaw is always here to help.