Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
FindLaw.com has been around since the days of Lycos and Excite, AOL and Prodigy, Backstreet Boys and N'SYNC. And though our blogs haven't been around for quite that long, each year we've been reaching new heights.
Not to be outdone, 2014 saw better traffic and another "Blawg 100" award nomination from the ABA Journal. And behind the traffic and the awards is the most important thing of all: better content.
What was that content? What did lawyers like to read about? Here are our Top 10 Legal Professional blog posts for 2014:
- I Beg to Differ: You Can Do Anything With a Law Degree (FindLaw's Greedy Associates) -- All the cool kids on the Internet think law degrees are utterly worthless for any purpose other than BigLaw. One of our bloggers disagreed, arguing that a law degree can come in handy even when embarking on non-traditional career paths.
- 10 Ways to Get Rid of Your Student Loan Debt Faster (FindLaw's Greedy Associates) -- It's a marathon, running toward that debt-free horizon. We shared 10 ideas that can bring you a few steps closer to the end.
- 5 Mistakes Lawyers Make With Business Cards (FindLaw's Strategist) -- It's rather simple: Make your business cards normal and legible. Stick to your contact information on cardstock that's heavy enough to survive in a pocket.
- 10 Free CLE Webinar Providers: Part I (FindLaw's Greedy Associates) -- Continuing Legal Education: typically boring, often procrastinated on, and rarely free. But we've got a few freebies to get you started.
- Greedy Power Ranking: Top 5 Affordable Cities for Young Attorneys (FindLaw's Greedy Associates) -- Silly law grad, you should be open to taking a job anywhere. Here are five affordable cities for young attorneys that would be good places to check out.
- 5 Grammar Mistakes Lawyers Make (FindLaw's Strategist) -- Here's our popular list of common grammar mistakes, including a battle which I will never concede: "pled" guilty or "pleaded" guilty. (Pleaded still sounds so, so terrible.)
- Guy Court Attire 101: Neckties or Bow Ties? (FindLaw's Strategist) -- You know who rocked a bow tie consistently, and was able to pull it off? Orville Redenbacher, the popcorn guy. A few dudes in the south wear them too. But can you pull off a bow tie?
- Get Ready Now. Gift Ideas for Administrative Professionals Day (FindLaw's Strategist) -- Words fail to say just how important that administrative professional is to your career. So how do you show your right-hand person that you care? Our blogger has a few gift ideas you'll want to save for next year.
- Who Are the Worst Supreme Court Justices of All Time? (FindLaw's U.S. Supreme Court Blog) -- We posed this simple question with one caveat: no current justices can make the list. Who did? A racist and an idiot walk into a Supreme Court bar....
- 50 Twitter Accounts Lawyers Should Follow Religiously, Parts I and II (FindLaw's Technologist) -- Lawyers, especially law-bloggers, love the Twitter. We made this list of must-follows, which includes funny lawyers, brilliant professors, legal news sources, and haikus. Part I was a collection of favorites from around the office. Part II was a list of reader suggestions.
Got a favorite Legal Professional blog post that didn't make this list? Tweet us @FindLawLP.