Man Steals Hearse During Funeral
Why would anyone want to steal a hearse?
Joe Brown and his family were getting ready to carry his father's casket from the church to the hearse when they were given the bad news. The hearse was gone!
Grand Theft Hearse
In Buffalo, New York, a funeral was underway at St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church. Right outside, in the parking lot, Michael Healing was stealing the hearse.
Healing took the hearse on a short joy ride and was found 15 miles away after a short two hour search by the police. The poor Brown family had to wait 30 minutes for a replacement hearse to arrive.
Reports are unclear as to why Healing felt the desire or need to take a hearse. Of all the cars he could have taken, why the hearse? Healing was charged with criminal possession of stolen property and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Beware of Car Thefts
This story just goes to show that despite all those articles about "10 Most Stolen Cars," no car is safe from the sticky hands of a thief. Here are some even more bizarre car theft stories:
- Colorado Teens Seek Record for Most Stolen Cars in a Single Day -- In another case of senseless car theft, a bunch of kids went on a car stealing spree. Why? The wanted to set the record for the most stolen cars in a day!
- As Couple Shoplifted, Thieves Burglarized Their Car in Parking Lot -- One couple got a big dose of karma. While the couple was inside shoplifting a grocery store, thieves were outside breaking into their car. Not only were they robbed, they got cited for class B misdemeanor shoplifting.
- Naked Man Steals Deputy's Car -- What's the most insulting thing you can do to a police officer? Steal his car while naked of course.
- Man Faked Heart Attack at Walmart to Steal Barbie Car: Police -- Again, any car can and will be stolen, including Barbie's car. A man faked a heart attack to steal a toy Barbie car, a Barbie vacation home play set, and a LeapFrog tablet.
- was charged with grand theft, just not grand theft auto.
- NJ Carjacker's Escape Ruined by Stick Shift Transmission -- If you're going to steal a car, at least make sure you know how to drive it. This clueless thief tried to steal a Porsche 911, but couldn't drive stick shift. Needless to say, police easily caught up to him and arrested him.
Be sure to protect your car from thieves, even if it's a dinky, old, broken down jalopy. You never know who'll want to steal it.
Follow FindLaw for Consumers on Facebook and Twitter (@FindLawConsumer).