5 Things To Be Thankful For This Year
What do you have to be thankful for this year? With Thanksgiving almost quite literally just around the corner, this is a good question to ask for all. Especially as hardworking attorneys, sometimes we need a little perspective and reminder of what we already have to keep us going.
So, this year, before you bring your plate of turkey and dash back to the office to finish up that last brief (really, please don't -- enjoy the time with your family), here are five things that you should be thankful for this year:
- You're employed. Seriously, count your blessings. With the way the market is continuing to play out these days, you should be very thankful if you have a relatively steady job advocating for clients, while being able to pay all your bills. Many are not as fortunate.
- Your great staff. Have you showed your staff lately how much you appreciate them? At a firm, everyone's role is crucial and having a great staff, ranging from the paralegals to the copy clerk, is like running a well-oiled machine. Without them, imagine the work and additional stress you'd be stuck with.
- You don't work in retail. It had to be said -- be grateful, especially around this time of the year, that you're not stuck folding denim and dealing with rude customers, micromanaging bosses, and running in and out of a fitting room to grab that size that you just can't find for that unappreciative customer.
- You know enough to be a mentor. Regardless of how not-yet-seasoned you feel, you've experienced some things that are worth passing on. You finished law school, you've reached the point in your life where you actually have a career and that speaks volumes about the kind of insight that you can provide to others. Pass it on, and don't take this for granted.
- You're not in law school anymore. Speaking of law school, it is definitely worth being thankful for the fact that you're not in law school anymore (they actually may need to bring that slice of pumpkin pie to their room to continue outlining on Thanksgiving). On top of that, let's not forget: you've also finished taking the bar. Seriously, how are you not more thankful?
What are you thankful for this year? Come share with us on Facebook.